Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm so sikey!!

This is phrase heard all too often at the Cooper house. Avery knows how to say excited just fine but instead he says "sikey". With all of the Christmas decorating and talk of Santa he has been plenty sikey! Who says holidays aren't as much fun when your older?? Pffffff I think its more fun! Nothing is more fun to me then seeing the look on Averys face when I tell him the story of Santa and his reindeer. His eyes get HuGe and he has about a zillion questions. I remember last year having fun getting all his presents and treats in order and being really excited too, but this year is just that much better because he really gets the whole santa thing. Our Christmas traditions will be more and more fun the older they get!

This year we are starting a new tradition that I hope will become our most treasured one. My cousin let me in on this little Christmas tradition that her husbands family does every year and I think its wonderful! Its easy to get caught up in the "commercial" part of Christmas. Santa, cookies, reindeer, PrEsEnTs! Dont get me wrong.. we ALL do it and it is Oh So FuN! But we also all know that Christmas is not just about that. Its about the precious birth of our Savior and the wonderful story of Mary and Joseph in the manjor. So to remind my family of that, before we dig into our stockings and rip open our presents we are going to set up the Nativity scene in front of the tree and talk about the birth of our Savior and what Christmas is truly all about. I hope its a tradition and a memory that my children will grow to love and pass on to their own children one day. Thanks Barry and Rochelle!

So needless to say we are all waiting for Santa and all the fun that comes with this wonderful time of year. Norwegian cookies, lights at temple square, shopping with my mom and sister, Griswolds Christmas vacation, pictures with santa, Christmas cards and all the other fun stuff this time of year brings. Yes... the Coopers are So SiKeY!!

I also have been meaning to post these pictures for SO long. At the end of the summer I was lucky enough to have my friend Kara in town for a day on her way home from Idaho and she was able to take some family pictures. They turned out great and i'm sorry Kara that it took me so long to post some. Merry Christmas everybody!

5 comments:

Meri said...

At church last Sunday I heard a couple of other small traditions that I think I will add too. One family sets up the manger in front of the Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve, without the baby Jesus inside. When they wake up Christmas morning Jesus is there...born in a manger. :)

Another family doesn't let their kids ask for more than 3 gifts for Christmas because Jesus got three from the wise men. (Even though they can't ask for more than 3 specific things, Santa usually brings more than 3. Santa doesn't always follow the rules.)

It's so nice to hear others traditions. Merry Christmas!...and your family pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

phonelady said...

Oh yes Merry Christmas and Happy New year from our house to yours and your family is just beautiful.

Shannon said...

What a beautiful family! Very cute pictures!

I love that my kids are getting older and are really into Christmas! I can honestly say that Christmas is more fun now that I can watch my kids' excitment than when I was a kid.

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics! You look as extremely gorgeous as ever! Your boys are beautiful. And that is the cutest thing ever that Avery says "sikey" I love it... Kinda like Kash saying "grill" instead of "girl" Those are the best things ever!

Kevin, Christi, Wade and Max Kotter said...

Oh I love the pics!! Kara does a really good job. Honestly, could you look any prettier!! :) Stunning! Your boys are so darling, I just love they way they talk. It's so precious, Wader asked me for Chocolate Medicine the other day! I thought the same thing "I wish Baby!" LOL