Monday, January 31, 2011

Finally something different

I couldn't even think of a witty or funny title to this post because it has been WAY too long since I have even posted a single word. I was getting insanely sick of seeing that post when I logged in. Its about time I said something. For those of you who were wondering, The Walk To Cure Diabetes (Rock the Walk) back in August went fantastic! Team Avery raised a little over $2,700.00 and we had a great day. We had 60 team members walking around in our bright red shirts. It was fun that we were kinda hard to miss ;) Our family and friends really stepped up and made it a day to remember. There have been some problems with some of my thank you cards so if you got one, great! If not.. I'm sorry and I'm trying to find out who didn't receive one yet. To everyone that donated or helped in anyway, THANK YOU!! From my family to yours.. It means more than you will ever know. We are already getting ready for next years walk. "Safari To A Cure!" My brain is about to explode with all the fun ideas I have. I'm on the Walk Committee again as a Family team chair and I'm so excited! My friend Shannon and I have a few things in the works for the local Diabetes Community and we couldn't be more thrilled to get going on some of them.

On a different note.. My family is doing great! Kendal is working and going to school full time still, Avery is in his last year of preschool and going to start Kindergarten this year. I cant believe how fast time goes when you have kids. He is in swimming and starts soccer this week. Anything that keeps him active is fine by him. He still seems to shock and amaze me with how well he is doing with his diabetes. He doesn't let it bother him one single bit. Sometimes I go to bed crying after a bad "D" day but not him. He just keeps on going! Landon turns 2 this month and is getting so big! He is talking a lot and he follows his brother around like a little shadow. He looks at Avery like he hung the moon... Its very sweet. They fight like there's no tomorrow too! You never know with the two of them :) I have been staying busy with the boys, doing mommy stuff, Ill be coaching Avery's soccer team, and of course all the stuff I love to do for the JDRF. I feel like I live in my car some weeks.

There is too much to post as far as whats been going on from June until now! To keep it short.. Our summer weekends were spent in Bear Lake Idaho, Avery's 4Th B day was a blast, 4Th of July was great, Kendal had a fun 31st in Bear Lake, Halloween is always the best, Thanksgiving was small but nice, Christmas was insane but wonderful, and New Years was spent once again in Bear Lake and we had almost the whole family there.

Of course in between all that was a lot of special little things, and A LOT of Diabetes related things!! I hate that he was diagnosed but I feel so blessed with the lessons that we have learned from it and the AMAZING people that have come into my life because of it. You all know who you are XOXO. I would like to say I will do better at posting but you all know that's probably a load of crap! Ill try ;)

6 comments:

Meri said...

Welcome back to the blogging jungle! So nice to hear your voice again! I'm so glad things are going well for your family, and can't help but think how exceptionally blessed the walk families are, having you and Shannon help make the walk next year amazing again!

Hallie Addington said...

Welcome Back! I've missed you! I often wonder how my little name buddy is! I love your walk pic! And I can't wait to hear what you've got in store for this year!!

LaLa said...

Good Hell - so glad you are back!! We've missed you busy lady!!!

Shannon said...

Even though I talk to you every single day, it is fun to read what has been going on. Love you lots friend. :)

Carolyn said...

Yea for a new post! Finally!!!
I got your message and have been waiting for your email. Send it already!!! I look forward to seeing what the H you are talking about!
Love your guts!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you are blogging again! I need to start again! I can't believe you are in Bear Lake so much! My mom lives there and I will be there a ton this summer! We should try to meet up! :)